10 Fascinating Facts About Art
Art is just so freaking cool. I admire all artists that find some avenue to express their individuality. From graffiti to fine art painters, I love hearing the various statements that illustrate what goes on in their minds when creating their work. Art comes in a variety of forms: Music, Fashion, Food, and Dance. I can’t get enough of it. It all started when I watched this documentary with a friend about the famous Jean-Michel Basquiat. He was a young artist from Brooklyn, New York who went from the graffiti on the streets to showcasing his work in the most famous fine art galleries in Manhattan. His work and style would feature the jumble of words, symbols, stick figures, and animals. Soon, his paintings came to be adored by an art loving public that had no problem paying as much as $50,000 for an original.
Then there is the wonderful Keith Haring designs. A lot of his work can be seen on clothing. My first t-shirt that I owned where I felt super cool was a Keith Haring shirt . It’s amaze to the ZING! It was really meant to be a shirt I wore to sleep but once in a blue moon I will wear it to the grocery store on a very chillax day. Which reminds me that I MUST go buy some more cutesy shirts with his designs. Anyways, wearing this shirt started how I became intrigued with fashion and art.
Now here you go. Learn some random cool facts about art!
- Students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement.
- Art programs are mandatory in countries that rank the highest for math and science.
- So 39% of Bob Ross’ paintings contain an almighty mountain, 44% contain at least one happy cloud, and 18% feature a charming little cabin.
- At the 1900 Paris Olympics, the winners received valuable works of art instead of gold medals
- Vincent van Gogh painted “Starry Night” while he was in an insane asylum.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented high heels
- Leonardo da Vinci spent 12 years painting the Mona Lisa’s lips.
- Mystery Build is an art contest with $21,000 in cash prizes. Create a work of art using only the materials in a Mystery Build Kit. Get famous.
- Vincent Van Gogh produced more than 2,000 works during his life: 900 paintings and 1,100 drawings and sketches. He only sold one painting while he was alive. That is some serious persistence.
- Now last but the most awesome… Mystery Build is an art contest with $21,000 in cash prizes. Create a work of art using only the materials in a Mystery Build Kit. Get famous.
Hope you enjoyed some of these! You learned something new 🙂